About Our Rent Protection Cover
To be eligible to take out our Rent Protection policy, we ask that:
- You either own the property or are legally responsible for the collection of rent
- The property will only be rented to tenant(s) who are at least 18 who will only use it for residential purposes
- A satisfactory tenant reference check has been carried out on the tenant(s) and a tenancy agreement is in place for the duration of the policy
- The first month's rent must have been received and all statutory pre-grant notices must have been issued before allowing the tenant into possession of the property
If the policy is not being purchased in conjunction with a new let, or directly replace an equivalent policy, please be aware that any dispute arising within the first 60 days of the policy is excluded.
Making a Claim
Making a claim is as Simple as 1-2-3, click here to download our step by step guide.
How to Make a Claim
- Who is the insurer of your Rent Protection cover?
- Arc Legal Assistance Ltd and Legal Insurance Management Ltd provide our Rent Protection with Tenant Eviction cover, which is underwritten by Royal and Sun Alliance plc.
- Who do I contact if I want to make a change to the policy?
- This policy is administered by Paymentshield who can be contacted on the following details: 0345 601 1050, firstname.lastname@example.org or Paymentshield Limited, PO Box 229, Southport, PR9 9WU.
- Who should I contact in the event of a claim?
- A claim can be submitted at https://claims.arclegal.co.uk. If you are unable to do this, a paper claim form can be requested by calling 0344 770 9000. Our Legal Advice Helpline number is 0344 770 1044 and we ask that you contact us on this number before taking any action to evict a tenant.
- How long do I have to wait for a claim to be paid?
- In order to make a claim, rent must be in arrears for a full month to be accepted.
- Is there an excess?
- No, in the event of a claim there is no excess to pay.
- How long will the rent be covered in the event of a claim?
- Rent arrears are payable for a maximum of 12 months up to a maximum of £2,500 per month, even if the agreed monthly rent is above that amount.
- What is the cooling off period for this cover?
- There's a 14 day cooling off period from the start of the policy. In the event of cancellation after the cooling off period, a full pro-rata refund will be given if no claim has been made.
- Can I transfer my policy from one rental property to another?
- No. If you require cover for more than one property you will need to purchase cover for each property you want to cover.
You can find out more about our Rent Protection Insurance in the documents below:
Summary of Cover
Terms and Conditions
Quote and Buy Online
It's really fast and easy to get a quote and you can then buy the policy online just as easily.
Get Quote in 60 Seconds