About Tenant Contents Insurance
- Who is the insurer of your Tenants Contents cover?
- Our Tenants Contents cover is underwritten by a panel of cherry picked insurers consisting of Axa and UK General.
- Who should I contact in the event of a claim?
- In the event of a claim, you should contact the underwriter which will be detailed on your certificate of insurance.
- Can I transfer my No Claims Discount (NCD) from another policy?
- Yes. If there is more than one person named on the policy with two different NCD, the higher can be used.
- I am sharing the property but am the only person named on the tenancy agreement. Are both tenants covered by this policy?
- The policy covers the policyholder, their partner and any other person permanently living with them under their tenancy agreement (including any children or foster children). The policy does not cover lodgers or other tenants not covered under the tenancy agreement.
- What is the cooling off period for this cover?
- There's a 14 day cooling off period from the start of the policy. In the event of cancellation after the cooling off period, a pro rata refund will be given if no claim has been made.
- What is the most I can claim for one item?
- The most you can claim for any one valuable is £2,500 unless the item is specified on the policy.
- My client works from home. Is their business equipment covered?
- Business equipment is covered up to the sum insured for clerical work only. Business equipment is defined as computer equipment, printers, photocopiers, computer aided design equipment, office furniture and furnishings and telecommunications equipment used in any way for business purposes. This does not include any property held as stock.
Our Tenants Contents policy provides tenants protection for their possessions. To be eligible to take out our Tenants Contents policy, all we ask is that:
- The client is at least 18 years of age and neither they, nor anyone to be insured under the policy, have any unspent convictions or prosecutions pending (other than motoring convictions)
- Neither the client, nor anyone to be insured under the policy, have had insurance cancelled, declined, voided or had special terms imposed as a result of non-disclosure of information, fraud or misrepresentation
- The property being rented will not be left unoccupied for more than 60 days in a row and won't be used for business or professional purposes
You can find out more about our Tenancy Contents Insurance in the documents below:
Summary of Cover
Terms and Conditions
Quote and Buy Online
It's really fast and easy to get a quote and you can then buy the policy online just as easily.
Quote and Buy Online