Landlord Insurance

Our Landlords Insurance is Defaqto 5 star rated and gives you a comprehensive range of features and benefits.

Quote and Buy Online

Over 100,000 Happy Customers

Highly recommended products, we are changing all our landlords rent guarantee scheme over to them.

Duane V, Landlord

Easy site to use and good value for rent guarantee insurance.

Anne B, Landlord

I love this website. I found it really easy to use, very clear and well laid-out.

Ligia K, Landlord

Read All Reviews

Benefits of Landlord Insurance

Buildings Cover

Buildings covered up to £1,000,000 as standard.

Contents Cover

£10,000 to £50,000 of contents cover available.

Liability Cover

Up to £2 million Property Owners Liability cover.

Malicious Damage

Malicious Damage by tenants covered as standard.

Leading UK Insurers

A carefully selected group of the UK's leading insurance underwriters.

Defaqto 5 Stars

Independently rated as 5 stars by industry experts Defaqto.

Quote and Buy Online

About our Landlord Insurance

Popular Questions

What's the difference between Buildings Insurance and Contents Insurance?
Buildings Insurance covers the property itself, and any outbuildings and garages within 100 metres of the property. It also provides protection for fixtures and fittings in the building, such as a fitted wardrobe, built in appliances or hardwood floors. Contents Insurance covers 'moveable' items such as ornaments, free standing furniture, and carpets.
How much should I insure my rental property for?
To know the level of buildings cover that is right for you, you'll need to know the cost of rebuilding the property. This can normally be found on the lender's valuation or can be provided by a surveyor. The rebuild cost of the home isn't the same as the purchase price of the home; neither the price you paid nor the price you would sell it for.
What does 'new for old' mean?
If an item has been damaged and cannot be economically repaired, we'll replace it with a new one of similar quality.
Can I rent my property out to students or those on funding their rent through a benefits agency and still be covered?
The policy is designed to cover both tenants funding rent through a benefits agency and students, so we'll still provide cover, however it may be subject to an additional premium.
How long can my property be left unoccupied between tenancies without affecting the cover?
Full cover remains in place during the first 45 days of cover, after this point an excess of £500 will apply to certain claims. If the property is unoccupied for more than 90 days some risks, for example Escape of Water, will not be covered. For full details of cover and exclusions please read the policy documents.
If my tenants are unable to live in the property because of a fire, will their policy cover the cost of alternative accommodation?
If the property becomes uninhabitable due to an insured event, such as a fire, flood, or storm damage, then we'll pay for agreed accommodation expenses and loss of rent up to £200,000 until the property is restored to normal living conditions.
If my tenants' keys to the property are stolen would I be covered?
We'll pay up to £1,000 regarding the theft of the keys to the outside doors of the property.

Eligibility Criteria

Our Landlords Insurance can cover properties for private individuals and also if you are looking to insure a property through your business. To be eligible to take out our Landlord's Insurance policy we ask that the property to be insured:

  • Is a residential property in the UK (excluding the Isle of Man and Channel Islands)
  • Is let under a tenancy agreement directly between your client and the tenants, or the letting agent and the tenants
  • Is occupied by no more than 6 individual tenants
  • Isn't a bed-sit or divided into individual self-contained units each with their own cooking facilities
  • Isn't showing signs of, or has ever had any damage caused to it by landslip, subsidence or heave
  • Hasn't been flooded in the last 10 years

For individuals, we also require that you or any member of your family living with you:

  • Are at least 18 years old, and the property is occupied solely for residential purposes
  • Have not had insurance cancelled, declined or declared void
  • Declare any previous insurance claims from the last 5 years
  • Have not been convicted of any criminal offence other than motoring convictions or any offences which are spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.

If you are looking to insure the property through your business, we ask that any principal, director or partner of the business, or any of their family living with them:

  • Have not had insurance cancelled, declined or declared void
  • Have not been convicted of any criminal offence other than motoring convictions or any offences which are spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.

Policy Documents

You can find out more about our Landlord Insurance in the documents below:

Summary of Cover Terms and Conditions

Quote and Buy Online

It's really fast and easy to get a quote and you can then buy the policy online just as easily.

Quote and Buy Online